The main difference between inductive and deductive approaches to research is that whilst a deductive approach is aimed and testing theory, an inductive approach is concerned with the generation of new theory emerging from the data.
Search This Site
Early Career Researcher
Another year in the life of an early career researcherDecember 3, 2016
A year in the Life of an Early Career ResearcherAugust 14, 2015
Using Conceptual Frameworks in Qualitative ResearchFebruary 14, 2015
Qualitative data analysisApril 25, 2013
Inductive and deductive approaches to researchMarch 17, 2013
Methods and methodologyMay 13, 2011
Top 5 Most Read Articles
Top 5 Most Commented Articles
- kamal said Thanks. It is so useful. Best Regards....
- Apoorva Ravi said Thank you. This article has helped me to underst...
- Deborah Gabriel said Hi Annisa, There is one methodology that is appl...
- Annisa said Hi Deborah, thanks this is very useful! Ho...
- Agnes said Lovely….this was very helpful…simple...